The Simply Elegant Planners' Real Weddings and Real Advice - Pt. 1
Weddings...We've planned them. We live and breathe them. We LOVE them. And some of us have had our own!
We had to dig into our archives, but check out The Simply Elegant Group's Minneapolis girls' real wedding photos, best advice and biggest regrets.
Check out Real Weddings Part 2, featuring Ashley, Nadia, Jamie and Caitlin!
Nicole & Aaron
July 21st, 2012
Venue: Gale Woods Farm - Minnetrista, MN
Photographer: Athena Pelton
Florist: Jennifer Frisbee
Musician: Rhiannon Fisk
Hair & Makeup: Heather Jo Burke
Decor: Nicole's personal collection and Antique Door Vintage
Graphic Design: JGlynn Studio
DJ: Stevie Ray
Nicole's Advice & Regrets
All of my vendors were AMAZING. Seriously AMAZING. I had a hard time thinking up regrets... Our best decision was hiring Nadia as our wedding planner... Seriously, there is no way we could have pulled it off without her!
- We had LOTS of DIY set-up - make sure you have your planner and friends available to help set up AND take down
- If your rental vendors offer delivery, take advantage of it.
- Consult your planner and/or the web about order quantities - we had TONS of extra cupcakes but ran out of beer (don't worry, we got more).
Maggie & Tyler
August 27th, 2011
Ceremony: Black Bear Crossings
Reception: Como Conservatory
Photographyer: Coppersmith Photography (Amy)
Catering: Lancer Catering
Hotel: Saint Paul Hotel
Transportation: Northfield Lines
Wedding Planner: The Simply Elegant Group (Ashley)
Maggie's Advice & Regrets
- If you're thinking about arranging your own centerpieces, consider hiring a florist - DIY was a lot more work than we thought.
- If you're thinking about printing your own invitations - consider hiring it out - again, DIY was a lot more work than we thought.
- Remember to bring a fully-stocked cooler of adult beverages (and lots of water) during family, bridal party and 1-on-1 photos -- all we remembered was a bottle of Jameson!
- We wish we would have hired a videographer, at least for the ceremony.
- It was a lot of work at at times stressful, but I still enjoyed our wedding. We both maintain that hiring The Simply Elegant Group was our best decision! Consider the value a wedding coordinator can offer and schedule a meeting to learn more. Don't just assume you can't afford one!
May 31st, 2003
Ceremony: Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
Reception: Holiday Inn
Photographer: Paul's Photography
Jenny's Advice & Regrets
- There weren't as many cool options for wedding venues waaaaay back in '03 - I wish we would have had our reception at more of an upscale location.
- We had a "mini-moon" up on the North Shore, but I always wish we would have chosen a destination for a "proper" honeymoon. It's a once in a lifetime thing! You might say you'll take a trip later, but you won't. Life happens.
- HIRE A PLANNER!
- Let people help you with things before the wedding day - give them specific jobs and instructions. Don't feel guilty, they WANT to help you!
- Make sure you get along with your photographer personally (not just professionally), and review other weddings they have shot before hiring them.
- Consider a receiving line after your ceremony. We didn't do that, and I wasn't able to talk to and hug all of our guests. I was guilty about it for MONTHS after our wedding. It takes a while and can feel awkward, but so worth it!
- Enjoy your wedding day AND everything leading up to it. Try not to get too stressed out (hiring a planner will help BIG TIME). On your wedding day, sit back and take it all in. This is probably the ONLY day when all of these same people are together celebrating -- SO fun!